domingo, 26 de enero de 2014

R and R

I have recovered from my crazy week by having a super fun weekend.  Me and my roof girls finally left Guatemala City, and headed for Lake Atitlan.  When I had been through Guatemala before, this was one of my favorite places – and it was great to go back.  My old college friend Amelia and her friend Mara are living in a little town right on the lake, and 5 buses and 1 boat ride later we met up with them.  San Pedro de la Laguna is a beautiful laid-back town – exactly what we needed in our first escape from the roof.  We were mostly excited about access to delicious food, something outside of our rice and beans routine.  We ate Thai food, hummus, pesto, fresh juices, brownies, delicious drinks. . . it was like we’d never eaten before.  I was excited to interact with people from my past life, and as much as I can enjoy the people I live with. .  .there is something to be said for getting to hang out with people by choice.  Amelia and I went through our teacher’s ed program together, and we would just sit in the back of class laughing about everything.  It’s been 5 years since I’ve seen her, but she’s one of those people that you can easily fall into step with and have a great time.  We partied hard, filled our bellies, and got some much needed sunshine and fresh air. Thanks for living in an awesome part of Guatemala Amelia and Mara!  And thanks for hosting us.  Same time next weekend?



1 comentario:

  1. thank goodness for R&R. I think I needed to hear about that as much as you needed it. Beautiful scenery. Lovemom.

    ResponderBorrar